Sexual health and you
Iwannaknow is designed to help you learn about your sexual health in order to make good decisions, since you will be a sexual being for a long time. Whether you're 18 or 80, you are going to have a desire to fulfill your sexual needs. Taking precautions now will not only help you live long, you will have a healthier sex life to show for it.
Our most basic advice is:
- Abstinence is good and can happen at different times in life
- Talk to your parents, they were your age once
- Talk to your partner (before you have sex)
- Make sure you and your partner know how to use a condom correctly
- Find a good healthcare provider and talk to them
- Get help if you don’t think you’re in a healthy relationship
- Get yourself tested and make sure your partner gets tested (before you have sex)
- Take advantage of the vaccines that will help protect you
- Learn what you need to know--and keep learning
- Your sexual health is important–-you have a right and a responsibility to protect it!
A Sexually Healthy Nation
What does a sexually healthy nation look like? In this video, a range of individuals, from experts in the field to people on the street, try to answer that question, looking at how our views toward sex and sexuality have changed over the past century.
Have questions about . . .
Can you get an STI from oral sex? Do girls masturbate? Are "blue balls" for real? Can you tell if someone is gay just by looking at them? Separate the myths from the facts.